[thelist] proxy directives

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:56:27 CDT 2006

Any apache proxy|rewrite|alias gurus out there?

Let's say I have a directory on Server A called /var/www/directory.  I
would like all web requests to be proxied by another server, Server B.
 I would like any requests that call for http://serverb/dir/ect/ory/
to be served by /var/www/directory on Server A, but I would like the
URL to maintain the path shown by Server B (for example:
/var/www/directory/file1 on Server A could be viewed at
http://serverb/dir/ect/ory/file1 ).

What would be the best apache directive and approach to accomplish this?

Also, if you can recommend a good book that might help demystify all
this, I'd really appreciate it.  The apache online docs are clear and
very thorough, especially when you know exactly what you're looking
for, but I'm finding myself going in circles on this one.

Thank you,
~John