[thelist] look and feel compromises

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:32:03 CDT 2006

> That certainly makes sense but can it always be that way? What if you were
> given a design and asked to incorporate it into the structure?

Right now, I am in the lucky situation to be consulted by the
designers if the design will fit an accessible and i18n ready page.
Took some years to find a place like this, though and I know where you
are coming from.

One great argument against really rigid layouts is to show them how
they break when you resize the font. When the designer then argues
that nobody needs to resize the font show it to them on a massive
cinema display and ask them to read it out.

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com