[thelist] look and feel compromises

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Oct 23 15:36:43 CDT 2006

> be careful of visual design training.  use your own sensibilities and
> incorporate technique with what you learn.

indeed; I spent some time learning about wine a while back - but I still
know the difference between what I like and what I don't like, and I
drink the former ;) I'm not likely to succumb to being artsy for the
sake of being artsy; I'm more interested in the psychology of design so
I don't struggle with seemingly simple issues like center or
left-aligned? dark blue or black? would you like fries with that?
[sorry; that was the *other* training class I took . . . ]

joel