[thelist] shopping cart - secure or not

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Tue Oct 24 11:51:07 CDT 2006

Bob Meetin wrote:
> original:
> /shop/secure/stylesheet.css
> /shop/secure/images/design/m34.gif (an example image)
>
> https://www.example.com/shop/secure/stylesheet.css
> https://www.example.com/shop/secure/images/design/m34.gif
I have gotten a couple positive responses. Thanks.  Am still wondering
with it should make a difference whether I give the full https path or
simply /shop/secure.

I heard back from the client that the problem he is seeing is when he
returns to the site and opts to re-login (after having previously
created a login/password).  This is another seemingly Internet Explorer
only rendered error message.  Basically the error says, "
*You are about to be directed to a connection that is not secure.... OK
or Cancel*."  You can see the gif image of the error at:

www.example.com/shop/returning_customer_error.gif .

I don't see this with Firefox.  If you opt to continue, the next page is
secure/padlocked.  I went back to the distributor's site and found a
couple other digishop shopping cart installs.  Some work smooth, some
also experience the same problem.  Suggestions?

-Bob