[thelist] Anchor tags in FF not working

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:18:55 CDT 2006

On 25/10/06, Peter Wakeford <pwakeford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes the problem is with the location anchors under the map.  When you click
> on say "Michigan" the browser scrolls to Alabama instead of Michigan in the
> contact information below the state lists.  This is happening for all the
> links I click on. Strange thing is I'm also using FF 1.5.0.7 XP.
>
> Any ideas?

Oh, that's a style sheet issue.  Works fine without your style sheet.
I reckon once you sort out paragraphs inside the anchors thing though
it'll sort itself out.

Basically, because your anchors aren't floating or clearing, and have
no text, they don't contain your floating paragraphs, and are
therefore zero in size - look at the anchors' dimensions in the DOM
Inspector (Box Model), and because they all wrap your paragraphs, all
your anchor elements essentially start in the same place.

--
LK