[thelist] PDF Creation using ASP

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Oct 26 15:26:28 CDT 2006

Julian Rickards wrote:
>>From reading PHP Programming (O'Reilly), I know that PDFs may be created
> using PHP (may require a library be installed). Is a similar option
> available for ASP? In other words, can I create a web form that will
> generate a PDF for the client to download?

Other folks have already provided leads... only thing I've got to add is
that there's a *range* of projects which could fit the above
description... keeping a live relationship between an electronic
document and a remote database, being able to interconvert between edocs
and paper (via 2D bar tags to redigitalize form inputs, eg),
authenticating whether an edoc is a legit copy of the info in the
database (authentication), etc.

If you just want them to be able to store an HTML form on their hard
drive then it's a pretty simple problem, and lots of .NET extensions are
available for the task.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd