[thelist] Apache Request handling

jason.handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 05:25:50 CDT 2006

> Are there any powerful server software packages that can be
> recommended for monitoring and 'controling' requests?
> Possibly with a good GUI?
>
> I don't think the webalizer et al packages are enough for
> what I am looking to see, I need the details.
>
> I could access the raw logs but they are in a text file :(
>
> I can't see the pretty picture through the numbers yet!

You could try Google Analytics? It's web-based and free.

	http://www.google.com/analytics/

If you want server software, you could consider Urchin. I used to use it
as part of a Rackspace hosting deal, and it seemed very powerful. I
think you have to get it via a Google Analytics partner though, and I'm
not sure how that works.

  http://www.google.com/analytics/urchin_software.html

Jason