[thelist] Website Name Registry Scam?

Nan Harbison nanharbison at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 27 10:00:02 CDT 2006

The article about this does not say where this is happening. I search for
and register domain names on godaddy all the time, and this has never
happened that I know of. Sometimes a client finds a domain name is available
sends me an email and then I buy it, usually at least a half hour later.
However, my client's email address is disclosed because I am in his godaddy
account, which has an email address attached.
Maybe we need to check on the availability of a domain name BEFORE logging
in to godaddy, that way these shady companies have no way to contact us,
which should take away the incentive to steal the name.
Nan