[thelist] Website Name Registry Scam?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Oct 27 10:09:31 CDT 2006

		   I think this is specifically a problem with dodgy registrars (and I wouldn't put it past NetSOL (yeah, I meant to cap those)) to dabble in the practice as well.

   For what it's worth (American folks), I use DirectNIC, which may not be the cheapest thing out there, but I've never experienced anything like this; they've given nothing but good service, even during hurricane Katrina (which is notable since they're in the heart of downtown New Orleans).

Peter

				From: "Julian Rickards" julian.rickards at gmail.com

I checked for the availability of a domain name a couple of hours ago
through the registrar I use and it hasn't changed. My registrar is probably
a small player (whether or not that matters, I am not certain) in this
field.

Jules