[thelist] Website Name Registry Scam?

elin tjerngren. artopod elin at artopod.se
Fri Oct 27 10:34:17 CDT 2006

Hi!

> Has anyone heard anything about this scam where you
> search for a name for your potential site and then
> within minutes the name you searched for is bought
> by another company?

It has happened to me here in Sweden and my customers when
searching for a domain name (on for example a web page at a web
hosting company - different ones!) - a while later (a day or two
maybe - actually I don't know the timespan) it is already bought.
I haven't had any call or email to me - but with the techniques to
check up what domain you are browsing from I guess it's
quite easy to look up peoples email and phone.

          elin tjerngren
          phone +46 910 73 95 25
          http://www.artopod.se/