[thelist] PHP/MySQL host setting

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Mon Oct 30 21:26:35 CST 2006

Thanks for all the replies. I'm replying later because I'm on the digest
form, and haven't had time until now. I've tried a few of your
suggestions, without success, but at least I feel more confident now in
my knowledge in replying to my contact at the ISP. I'd consider dropping
him, but I don't know if I want to start over again with someone else
when we're so close. This is the place where the client's public web
site is already hosted (I'm writing a database app behind a
password-protected subdirectory), so apart from this little hurdle, this
is the easiest solution.

I don't think I should say who it is. It is a very small regional ISP in
the Northeast US, you've probably never heard of them. And I don't want
to generate more bad feelings if it were to get back to them.

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.