[thelist] PayPal bought Verisign

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Nov 6 16:34:20 CST 2006

> From: Hershel Robinson
> Now that PayPal bought Verisign we're finding that they are
> charging us more and for things that we weren't billed for
> before.  Please see if there is anyone out there that knows
> of a reputable, reliable alternative to Verisign.
> Any suggestions? This is for a fairly large (and growing),
> established ecommerce shop.

Not sure what service you're asking about, but I'm assuming that you mean
for payment gateway services.

I've been using Authorize.Net for eons now.  Reasonable, reliable, almost
ubiquitous in ecommerce apps, plenty of docs and an easy API for where it's
not already supported.  You get on with Authnet via reseller.  I use
www.PracticePaysolutions.com because they're friendly, inexpensive and
experienced.  AuthorizeNet.com will probably list other resellers.

Your client might consider using PayPal's own merchant service, which is
slightly less expensive than other gateway services, though I've never used
it myself.

My two pennies.

--
Max Schwanekamp