[thelist] Installing browsers for testing?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Nov 7 02:24:37 CST 2006

> From: Donna Jones
> > The best and easiest way is to use a virtual machine. Microsoft's
> > Virtual PC[1] is free, check out also VMWare[2] and
> Parallels[3]. YOu
> > might also find Wikipedia's VM comparison[4] interesting.
>
> The only catch to Microsoft's Virtual PC, but its a
> show-stopper for some people, incl me, is that you must have
> WinXP *Pro*.  just thought i'd mention that because Victual
> PC has been mentioned a lot but never see anyone say anything
> about the caveat.

Actually, that's not a true caveat.  Microsoft does not *support* Virtual PC
on XP Home, but it will run and work just fine.  You'll get a nag screen
first time around letting you know that you're running an unsupported host
OS, but then things will work well enough.

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com