[thelist] File button

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:05:28 CST 2006

Lee:

I don't know if this is what Daniel is asking but I have a question that
seems to be related. If you have a form in which you may add some text and
upload a file, such as a photo with a description of it, how do you upload
both? It is my understanding that a form with text in it must be submitted
with enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" (or nothing at all which
will default to this) and a form with a file upload must be submitted with
enctype="multipart/form-data". Are these incompatible by which I mean, can
you submit a form with enctype="multipart/form-data" with both text
(textfield, radio buttons, checkboxes...) and a file upload at the same
time?

Jules

--
Website: http://jrickards.ca