[thelist] SMS - email

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 04:03:21 CST 2006

On 11/8/06, john at johnallsopp.co.uk <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi ppl
>
> I'm in the UK with a client who wants to deal with his customers
> through one email address .. meaning he wants to receive SMS messages
> into it, and to be able to reply as if writing an email, but it would
> appear as an SMS message to the enquirer.
>
> I did a quick Google but wondered if anyone has any recommendations or
> insight before I dive in.

Well, here in Brazil operators offer that directly. If my phone number
is 5112345678 (51 = area code, not country code), I can send e-mails
to: 5112345678 at operatordomain.net.br and receive it as SMS.
So, you might want to check with your/his operator a similar/equal feature.
Now, if you're looking for using generic SMS procedure, just with a
different send screen look, you'll need a
J2ME/Superwaba/C++/Brew/VB.NET application to be written that would
fit your needs.

If I got it right...

--
Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz