[thelist] CMS Recommendations for IIS Server

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:01:43 CST 2006

Sam, why didn't you weigh in with such a convincing opinion when I
(and others) was asking about CMSes a few months ago! ;)

I think the OP mentioned Windows and IIS as the platform (not LAMP);
even so, there are more solid options than just Drupal in that realm,
including Joompla!, which, IMHO, is a better solution, and is at least
much simpler to use out of the box.

I don't have experience with an IIS-served CMS, so I won't offer
specific recommendations.

> The learning curve is not shallow. But the community
> is huge, and extremely supportive, and the software is
> extremely dynamic -- constantly improving.

I'm digging into Plone at the moment... talk about a learning curve!
But that said, it's probably the most robust solution for my needs,
with its own great support and development community.

I guess the only advice I can lend is to do a bit of research, compare
products available for your platform [1], install a few of them, and
see which works best for you.  That's what I did.

~John

[1] www.cmsmatrix.org and www.opensourcecms.com are great resources
for CMS info.