[thelist] New JS/HTML/CSS IDE

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 01:55:46 CST 2006

hi Tom,
You still holding out on Homesite too?
It does look very good. I love the scripting/batching features (or at
least the promise of them). I've had it installed for a couple of
months, but find myself using it only occassionaly so far. 2 reasons:
1) Its slow.
2) It polls itself constantly (http), and spams Fiddler

#2 I can and should fix by writing a rule to ignore its requests in Fiddler.
#1 Is harder. Its not any slower than any other IDE, but its the same
reason I never used Dreamweaver much even though it had those kickass
extensibility features (they embedded javascript for application
scripting and exposed a useful API long before it was cool)

I really want this to be my Homesite replacement - been looking for a
few years. Maybe I'll fix #2 and try again.

Sam