[thelist] File upload and form processing in ASP classic

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:44:39 CST 2006

Background Info:
One of my longtime clients has contacted me and wants some forms built that
allow someone to email them a file. From what I can tell, ASP classic
requires me to first save the file to disk and then email it. The problem
I'm having is the hosting company this client is with offers no upload
componant. I've found a script that will upload it and I can upload the
file.

Problem:
There are several forms pointing to a single script to process the forms and
any attached files, but if I upload the forms first and then try to put the
email together I get:

Cannot call Request.Form collection after using BinaryRead.

And if I try to put the email together first and then process the files I
get:

Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection.

I'm thinking the only way to make this work is to separate the file uploads
to a different form on a page, but I'm hoping I'm overlooking something. I'd
really like to keep this as simple as possible.

I've probably forgot some vital piece of information, if so let me know.

-jeremy