[thelist] Testing Tools

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:06:56 CST 2006

On 11/16/06, Hershel Robinson <hershel at galleryrobinson.com> wrote:
> Enterprise. If we don't find the right software, we will also consider
> hiring a third party team to create and implement a testing suite. We
> are also researching such services.

For functional testing we use Mercury QTP almost exclusively for
enterprise clients. There really is nothing that I've seen that
compares. There are elements that work with QTP that add on very
useful functionality. For example, I believe the requirements->test
cases traceability exists in this add-on product. (I don't remember
its name. It's $something Server and it's web-based).

All the Mercury tools are pretty expensive, but way way way less
expensive than rolling your own.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA