[thelist] (how to stop) IE6 rendering before it has fully compiled

Skellos skellos at skellos.com
Mon Nov 20 14:37:47 CST 2006

Hi Barney,

I think using <table*> to fix your problem might not be such a good
solution. Browser such as Firefox will display the content of your
table before it finds the </table*> bracket.

Here are a few possibilities that might do the job for you,

1) If you have a flash movie of some kind (if not, maybe create a
small one) that requires a few seconds to load with a loading
sequence, you should use it as an opening page and have your page
load all your CSS and most of your images in cache at the same time
so IE can then use the cache to display your page faster once the
movie has been loaded and displayed.

2) You can set 'Invisible' the things you wish not to be displayed
right away. Using the StyleDisplay : none. And at the end of your
page, after it load, or in your body, you can use a timer-set delay
Javascript action that will switch those invisible to visible.
Or, use Lee's code as he suggested which makes everything invisible
until the page is finished loading.

-------
Skellos
CEO Skellos corp.