[thelist] should I speed optimize my site more?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Nov 24 00:45:02 CST 2006

> If anyone could check out my blog and let me know if I should
> remove more
> images, maybe even the non-productive Amazon widgets in the sidebar?

well, personal pref: my 384k DSL slurped it right down, and I found
myself perusing the goofy little bits and pieces, all the way down

> I wish to optimize my site for download speed. All strident
> opinions and
> cranky harshing are welcome.

optimize for download speed? eh, um, massive JPEGectomy. I can imagine
that over dialup this wouldn't load before my grandchildren's time.

but, I personally like my personal opinion above. it works for me. who
else could you possible care about?

joel