[thelist] my #1 ecommerce sales tip

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:58:32 CST 2006

Yeah, when I started getting clobbered, I rushed to clarify that this was an
idea I read on page 2 of a book published in 1997. Did I mention I bought
the book, Corporate Internet Planning Guide, in a thrift store?

A lot of things have happened since the author wrote that book. Consumers
change. Marketing strategies change. What may have been helpful in the past
may have been abused by overuse, and etc.

Well, it was fun and I learned a lot from my esteemed colleagues.

Thanks for taking the time to inspect this approach. It needs tweaking, but
I think there is a sound principle behind the intent to interact with and
acknowledge the customer at his or her first commitment to the site by
registration.