[thelist] IE yellow form field backgrounds on email/postcode

tim tim at hyperlinkage.com
Sun Dec 3 04:31:41 CST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> I may be slow to spot this, but in IE6 and IE7, for the first time
> recently I spotted a lemon yellow background to three  fields in a
> form.

As mentioned by Jason and Donna, this is indeed caused by an installed
toolbar - most likely Google or Yahoo.  I've found that the Yahoo bar is
much more likely to sneak onto a PC, as it's bundled with Flash player.

I often have clients call and ask about the highlighted fields and I
just explain that it's caused by their own software!

Tim