[thelist] CSS: div background color discrepancy

M. Seyon evolt07 at delime.com
Wed Dec 6 18:35:09 CST 2006

Message from Joel D Canfield (12/6/2006 03:00 PM)

>I'm feeling dumber. I kinda thought I'd get CSS, but despite studying
>the box model et al, it still doesn't always behave the way I expect.

I've never studied the box model. I feel it's like studying Adam Smith's
economic theories and then wondering why they never quite seem to work
right. Like humans in the world, web browsers are neither perfect, nor
rational.

That said, I'm not seeing the space in either Opera 8.5 or FF, so I'm not
sure how to analyse the code.

Although I know this would break the layout in other ways, does the
specific problem continue if you:

- remove the display:inline from #navcontainer ul li
- remove the float: left from float: left;

What's the float:left on the a element for anyways?

Have you tried setting #navcontainer ul AND #navcontainer ul li to float:
left, and removing display: inline, and removing float:left from the a?

Also, have you played with the CSS List-o-matic:
http://accessify.com/tools-and-wizards/developer-tools/list-o-matic/

regards.
-marc

--
Now available: Trinidad and Tobago 2007 wall calendars
http://phototnt.com/