[thelist] Coding standards....

M. Seyon evolt07 at delime.com
Sat Dec 9 09:49:01 CST 2006

Message from Ben Glassman (12/7/2006 01:17 PM)

>Just thought of another one. This is something I started doing a few months
>ago and it saves me a lot of time messing around with photoshop.
>
>Whenever I develop a site, I create a set of classes in a "Colors" section
>of my stylesheet that contain the colors used in the site. For example:
>
>.blue { color: #2B5353; }
>.black { color: #000; }

Good idea Ben.

I've been using php to write css so I can use variable names for my colour
scheme. That facility may not be available to all though.

What I would do, rather than creating styles, is to use a comment at the
top of the css file(s). Something like

/*
Colour codes
Masthead background: #2B5353
Main border: #666666
Body type: #0000de
*/

Because I agree, I've done more than my share of screenshotting, etc.

regards.
-marc

--
Now available: Trinidad and Tobago 2007 wall calendars
http://phototnt.com/