[thelist] Coding standards.... [headers]

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:31:56 CST 2006

Yes, I believe it is. The H1, as I see it, is to identify the content or
purpose of the current page and it is the visible title (because the <title>
tag contents are not visible with the "web page" per se, I consider it to be
somewhat invisible). However, when you look at the results of a search
engine, having the same text in the H1 as part of the TITLE means that the
contents or purpose of the page is clearly visible because the link to the
page uses the TITLE content, even if the search terms are not found in the
TITLE.

One other comment about your title content as shown below, I would recommend
that the [page name] be placed to the left of the [site name] so that if the
title is going to be cut off, it will be the site name that is cut off, not
the page name. Also, it is easier to find if a page is the one you are
looking for if the page name is first and not second.

Jules

--
Website: http://jrickards.ca
Blog: http://pen-and-ink.ca