[thelist] Coding standards.... [headers]

tim tim at hyperlinkage.com
Tue Dec 12 20:03:18 CST 2006

Matt Warden wrote:
 > If I want to present a list of the 10
> best paragraphs ever written, this would be an ordered list. I would
> probably hide the bullet, but that is presentation decision.

The bullet? In an ordered list?

If it was a "top 10" list it would entirely depend on if your list was
ordered or unordered - i.e. sequential or not.

Of course, the actual display is a question of style, but UL vs OL is a
question of semantics.  Using CSS to change the display of a list would
require some text making the meaning clear.

I've enjoyed the discussion.  Interestingly XHTML 2 provides the
following example, which will upset us all:

"The series h1 h2 h1 is acceptable, while h1 h3 h1 is not, since the
heading level h2 has been skipped."

Ohhhhh....

Tim

--