[thelist] Apache - alternative paths

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Dec 14 11:54:39 CST 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 08:55, Mark Howells wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to configure Apache so that it looks for a file in a
> certain location and, when it doesn't find it, source it from a
> default folder?
>
> e.g.
>
> http://test.com/myfile.gif
>
> Search in /root/images/myfile.gif (not found)
> Serve file /root2/images/myfile.gif
> What we were hoping for would be an Apache directive, rather than an
> external script.

Sounds like what you want to use then is the "Alias" directive in your
httpd.conf or config.d directory/file then?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/custom_errordocs.html

<tip>
To check the docs for your particular version of Apache, simply replace the
version number in the URI
</tip>

cheers,

	Mark