[thelist] PHP/MySQL Web Hosting Recommendations?

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Wed Dec 20 10:20:43 CST 2006

I sit on the board of a non-profit org that is looking to transition their site to a new hosting provider. Any recommendations?

The site is coded in PHP and runs on a MySQL 4 db. We are looking at integrating e-commerce into the site, using Google checkout, along with mailing lists via PHPList.

We would prefer something with good support, good uptime, unrestricted bandwidth. We would be sending marketing emails out via PHPList in the volume of around 5,000 - 10,000 a month tops.

We've looked at and are considering Site Ground (http://www.siteground.com/) based on the recommendation of one of the board members.

Any recommendations and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Ron