[thelist] zen cart - administration - how to upload pdf

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Thu Dec 21 15:44:36 CST 2006

In the zen-cart products administration page there is a function to
upload an image (Products Image) along with the file browser to
select/upload that image.  It works fine.  What I would like to do is
add a second function and browser which will allow the upload of a pdf
document such as a page or two of a book so that the shopper can visit
the shop, select the product/book, and read a couple pages of a chapter
or perhaps the table of contents.

I went into the code, added the obvious functions including modifying
the database to add this new attribute (field), but still not working.
It is neither adding the item to the database or uploading the pdf file.

I could not find a FAQ detailing how to do this in the ZC wiki, and so
far nothing in the forum (still looking).  Anyone know how to do this or
reference a tutorial my way?  If there is better list for posting
zen-cart questions, please advise.

-Bob