[thelist] MSXML 5.0

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Mon Jan 8 08:20:07 CST 2007

> Anybody ever heard of MSXML 5.0? A site we designed is being used to
> present an iframe to another related site
> [http://skillsactive.test.textmatters.com/training/management-and-
> leadership/management-and-leadership-iframe]
> prompts some people using IE to download this. What detrimental effect
> (if any) not having MSXML may have appears to be negligible, but I'm
> curious as to what it is, why it would be needed, and why most people
> don't seem to get this prompt?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:MSXML

I'd guess that users who don't get the prompt either have it
installed already or aren't using a browser which requires it.
(Presumably a script is used on the site which chooses which XML
parser to use according to browser type/version.)

Regards
Mark Howells
- www.permanenttourist.ch
- www.flickr.com/photos/mhowells/