[thelist] dedicated link ??????

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Tue Jan 9 05:42:13 CST 2007

Hi All, Happy New Year.

I have a request from a client who wants to put a link on another site and
then they want to know how many people actually follow that link and come to
their website.

The info they sent me from the advertising site said we need to provide a
dedicated link. What the heck is that ? I googled and it didn't bring up
anything relevant. Is this a correct term ? Or what should I be researching
to get the job done ?

Do I just send a normal href link and then use the site stats that come with
the hosting package to see where hits are coming from ( though the site
stats are pretty rubbish) or do I set something up myself ?

If its too complicated but anyone knows how to set it up then please contact
me off list and I would more than happily outsource it.

Thanks

Birdie