[thelist] Dynamic Flash Video embedding

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 06:06:46 CST 2007

Hi all,

More and more clients are asking about inserting video on their
websites, FLV seems to be the best at present and there are also some
free conversion tools that I have found [1] which will enable clients
to make the FLV files fot themselves - untill there is enough to
warrant a server side upload solution.

So now my task is to enable clients to upload the FLV to the required
webpage and embed it into the page, I will probably use SWFObject[2]
for the SWF embed.

Can anyone send me some good pointers for creating the SWF file as
different videos will be of different size - 4:3 16:9 etc

ben

[1] http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?downloads&L=3
[2] http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

--