[thelist] IE select value in drop down but clicks on map

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Wed Jan 10 03:37:50 CST 2007

Hi there,

I have a nasty little problem, as so often, only with IE. Here is an
screenshot to better illustrate the problem. http://
geodata.grid.unep.ch/screenshot_13.png

The map is clickable (to enable zoom in and other functions). But in
this case, I would like to select a value from the drop-down list,
which displays as a "drop-up" list because of not having enough space
downwards.

Now, when I click to select a year, IE interprets this as a click on
the map, instead of just a selection within the box. It sends the
request to the server and the server does what it is supposed to do.
But the selection of the year still wasn't successful.

Any way to avoid that IE confusion?

Thanks for any hints!

Stefan