[thelist] .NET keep an html page from caching

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Wed Jan 10 08:18:34 CST 2007

A client has a directory on their site which is secured via forms
authentication.  They wanted to prevent viewers from accessing .html
files w/o first entering a password, so in IIS I changed the executable
path to the .net dll, which seems to work.

However, after a user logs out, if they then return to the .html page,
the page is cached and displays in the browser.  Hitting refresh solves
the problem and kicks them to the login page, but that's not good enough
for the client.  We put <meta http-equiv="pragma" content="nocache"> in
the head of the .html files, but that doesn't do the trick either.

Any other tricks out there?

Thanks, Casey