[thelist] IM Software

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:00:14 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Hershel Robinson <hershel at galleryrobinson.com> wrote:
> that Google Talk is available on Windows via GAIM, Trillian Pro, Miranda
> and Psi. GAIM I have tried before and did not like the interface.
> Trillian I use but I am actually not thrilled with the interface (nor
> the simple text-based histories it keeps).

I don't like the default Gaim interface either (in fact, I hate it).
But you can change quite a bit of it. (Step one: don't show buddy
icons in the buddy list.)

Gtalk is just Jabber. Any Jabber client should be able to support
Gtalk. You likely won't get the audio/video (there is work on this for
Gaim, though -- Google now employs one of the primary Gaim developers;
see: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/index.php?id=162 or
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3556506)

--
Matt Warden