[thelist] IM Software

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 10:32:11 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Hershel Robinson <hershel at galleryrobinson.com> wrote:
> > that Google Talk is available on Windows via GAIM, Trillian Pro, Miranda
> > and Psi. GAIM I have tried before and did not like the interface.
> > Trillian I use but I am actually not thrilled with the interface (nor
> > the simple text-based histories it keeps).
>
> I don't like the default Gaim interface either (in fact, I hate it).
> But you can change quite a bit of it. (Step one: don't show buddy
> icons in the buddy list.)
>
> Gtalk is just Jabber. Any Jabber client should be able to support
> Gtalk. You likely won't get the audio/video (there is work on this for
> Gaim, though -- Google now employs one of the primary Gaim developers;
> see: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/index.php?id=162 or
> http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3556506)

I use SIM (SIM Instant Messenger) on Linux, which is the best for me.
It has a Windows version too, you might want to try it:
http://sim-im.org/wiki/Download#Windows
I have Yahoo, Gtalk, ICQ and MSN configured in it (could also have
AIM, jabber, livejournal,etc).

Check the screenshot I took at: http://www.noticiaslinux.com.br/eduardo/sim.png
Note that it can group people who have multiple IMs.

Regards,

--
Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz
LPI Certified - Level 2