[thelist] iframes evil? (was RE: Grabbing a file across domains)

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Jan 10 12:59:07 CST 2007

		   You could use a component like AspTear or AspHTTP; here's a list (some are free, some are not):

http://aspdll.com/com/category.asp?id=12

   Of course if you don't have accessibility issues and you need to do a lot of navigating through that remote content, then iframes might be more suited to your needs.

Cheers,

Peter

				From: "Joel D Canfield" joel at streamliine.com

> might want to look at either (a) include files or (b) screen
> scraping, assuming the content comes from somewhere other
> than your own server.

it does - can't find anything meaningful about using ASP to include a
file outside the current domain/file structure. any pointers? may still
just go with iframes, but if there's another option, I'd like to check
it out

thanks

joel