[thelist] iframes evil? (was RE: Grabbing a file across domains)

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:53:03 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:

> pondering how forms would work; send the form info, get the form page
> back;

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Get form page, post values back,
get response page? In any case,

> not sure if this would be an ugly can o'worms or an absolute treat.

,, yes :-)

Depending on if/how any client side validation was implemented, a
simplistic screen scrape that just discarded everything outside the

Personally, I'd say it's time to ask your "quoting tools vendor" to join
the freakin' 21st Century and simply expose their *processes* as a
set of Web services -- but that's just me :-)

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com