[thelist] IE7 adding extra width to html tag

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 08:39:43 CST 2007

Now have access to IE7 :)

Strangely a page that I have done is getting horizontal scrollbars in IE7, (it's fine in IE6, FF (PC & Mac), Opera, Safari, IE5 etc. After a bit of fiddling it appears that putting a width on the html tag sorts it(1), but it means the pages can't be centered, (and it's a nasty cludge).

A Google on this doesn't help much, just wondering if anyone else has come across such a thing?

I can't show any code as such as it is on internal servers...

(1)
html {
width: 1%;
}