[thelist] xhtml validation of CSS image gallery

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Fri Jan 12 17:41:25 CST 2007

I got this gallery to work in both IE6 and Firefox, but can't get it to
within a <a href></a>.  I'm using the unordered list to position the
image title in the center and just above the bottom of the image
container.  I run into the same problem if I use a paragraph <p></p>.

    http://dottedi.biz/css_test_gallery.php

The second gallery validates, but uses javascript and the behavior is a
little erratic:

    http://dottedi.biz/test_gallery.php

Q1: Any suggestions on how to get gallery #1 to validate (and still work)?

Q2: Kindly offer constructive criticism regarding the accessibility of
each, as well as viewability in Safari or other common browsers.

-Bob