[thelist] CSS: display: block on links

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Jan 13 13:27:07 CST 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 05:38:31PM +0000, kasimir-k wrote:

> Bill Moseley scribeva in 13/01/2007 17:10:
> > Where this doesn't work so well is when I have text on a second line:

> >         Some other text
>
> So if the <a> has a sibling node, then you don't want it display: block?

Not really.  It's more of a css issue I suppose:

The above markup before applying display: block looks something like:

    +----------------------------+
    | x                          |
    | Some other stuff           |
    +----------------------------+

Then when display: block is applied to the <a> I get extra white
space:

    +----------------------------+
    | x                          |
    | Some other stuff           |

When all I'm really trying to do is allow clicking not only on the "x"
but anywhere to the right of it.

> if (link.length != 1 || link.nextSibling) continue;

Ya, that's a possibility.  Thanks.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org