[thelist] FW: Help with RSS - Changing Blog Platform

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Jan 16 09:38:06 CST 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:41 PM, Gina Anderson wrote:

> I am trying to change a blogging platform from Movable Type to
> Wordpress and
> I am having problems getting the feed readers to pick up the new
> entries on
> the new wordpress blog. What I want to do is seamlessly move current
> subscribers to the "old blog" to pick up the "new blog's" feed url,
> without
> having them change anything in their feed readers

> Okay, so the old MT feeds were located here:
> http://www.site.com/index.rdf
> http://www.site.com/index.xml
>
> The new WP feeds are supposedly located here:
> http://www.site.com/feed
>
> /-----------------------------
> Redirect http://www.site.com/index.rdf http://www.site.com/feed
> Redirect http://www.site.com/index.xml http://www.site.com/feed

Try:

redirect /index.rdf http://www.site.com/feed
redirect /index.xml http://www.site.com/feed

or better yet:

redirect 301 /index.rdf http://www.site.com/feed
redirect 301 /index.xml http://www.site.com/feed

Steve
Who has spent lots of "quality time" monkeying with rewrites and
redirects after reworking his blog....