[thelist] Accessibility/usability of "Select Option" at top of list

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Jan 15 13:41:52 CST 2007

		   Since when does a select element have "INPUT type", let alone a "checked" attribute?

				From: "Steven Streight" steven.streight at gmail.com

Then, to INPUT type, you end with "checked", setting the default option.

I'd still be curious as to what this applies to, since generally, it is
either done to save user time, by pre-selecting what the vast majority will
select anyway, or, nefariously, as a way to trick unwary, hurried web users
into agreeing to what is convenient or profitable for the site owner, and
not necessarily in the best interests of the user.

This latter scenario is what must be avoided.