[thelist] PHP: is_numeric... that's the question...

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 05:32:12 CST 2007

Gotcha...
I'm rather enjoying this.. I've got 19 functions to write, and I've
allready turned some 10+ liners into 1 line!!!
learning is fun.!!

anyhoo, next I wanna check to see if a usercode is only numeric, and
1-8 characters long..

I tried this:
return preg_match("/\d{1,8}/", is_numeric($usercode));
but is there a way in regular expretions to exclude characters, so I
can say JUST return true if it's ONLY numbers...

I tried:
return preg_match("[^a-zA-Z][0-9]{1,8}", $usercode);
But it was accepted if there were any numbers in teh text.. that's bad!

thoughts?

--
When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to
laugh at him.