[thelist] h1 as business name or content

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:32:59 CST 2007

> My opinion (http://pen-and-ink.ca/the-heading-1-challenge/) is that H1
> should describe the content of the page, not the business name.

I concur with that. The same goes for the title, as both are very
important for search engine listings. It is a great brand experience
if your name and tagline appears as the result text of any page a
search engine lists, but tells me nothing about the content, which is
why I wouldn't follow it.

Don't let the brand stand in the way of people finding your content.
Brand names as keywords only work for known brands or in ebay
listings.

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com