[thelist] Web Page Statistics

Adam Audette pubs at audettemedia.com
Tue Jan 23 09:59:20 CST 2007

At 04:18 AM 1/23/2007 -0600, Steven Streight wrote:
>I use SiteMeter and Google Analytics, but neither tell who visited
>what
>page, not that I recall. Entry page, exit page, page hits, avg.
>duration of
>page, avg.number of pages viewed per visit. That's what the free
>versions
>give you.

You can get some data per content via Google Analytics. For
example, if you click on "Top Content" under Content Optimization,
then tick any burgundy arrow left of the listing, you'll get a
cross segment performance drop-down. Here you can view accesses of
the specific content by  --

Source[Medium]
Campaign
Keyword
Content
Country
Region
City
Network Location
Language
User Defined
Browser
Platform
Connection Speed
Screen Resolution
Colors
Java
Flash
Visitor Type

>But who visited what page, this is micro-marketing but for what
>purpose?
>Interesting, and I'm eager to hear the exact reason for this. Is
>this
>tracking common on paid site stat services?

It would be worthwhile to know what searches brought them to the
page, from what country or region/city, and what browser they used.
On large content-oriented sites, different pages would certainly
show different behavior. One use of this kind of data is for
geotargeted advertising.

-Adam

Adam Audette, Publisher / Moderator

LED Digest | marketing discussion list