[thelist] tail -f on a web page.

Ben Joyce ben.joyce at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 05:53:00 CST 2007

Can you execute the tail command with in PHP script and write the
output to the page?  You can use "tail -f --lines=100" to view more
lines if needed, then refresh the page to view the new activity.

I don't know about Apache but in IIS the log files are updated in 64K
chunks, not in real-time - something you might need to be aware of.

Ben