[thelist] Nav bar wacky in IE

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Jan 26 04:15:21 CST 2007

ben morrison wrote:
> On 1/25/07, Max Schwanekamp <lists at neptunewebworks.com> wrote:
>> Anyone care to help me with my nav menu on this site?
>> http://snipurl.com/18cg7

> IE 6 does not support :hover pseudo-class on any element apart from an
> <a>, so the following will not work in IE
> ul#nav li:hover ul.submenu {
> left: 0;
> }

Yes, you are correct.  For the sake of the post, I should've just
removed the submenus entirely.  I plan to add javascript to use
window.attachEvent (IE) to change add a classname "hover" onmouseover.
IIRC this is what suckerfish does.

But, this is beside the point.  My main problem is getting the
background images on the A elements to line up properly so it overlays
the LI's background correctly.

Any other suggestions?

--
Max Schwanekamp