[thelist] Acronym and abbr tags

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sat Jan 27 10:48:24 CST 2007

> first instance of an acronym, on the first usage of the
> acronym according to
> linear progression through the pages of a site, as the site
> owner wants or
> expects or hopes the users will primarily progress, this
> first instance definition may not suffice.

er, I hope no one was suggesting limiting it to the first time it's used
*on the site*, but rather, the first time it's used on any particular
page.

because, as you point out, web's not linear.

only place that *might* work is in ecommerce, registration forms,
something like that where landing on a subsequent page makes no sense,
and should probably result in a redirect to a more rational place.

joel